Sunday, January 5, 2014

New Year, New Blog


Hello All!

This year one of my goals for 2014 is to do more of what I love and to worry less. In honor of this goal, I’ve decided to start this blog. I really enjoy doing crafts and projects, but sometimes I just need to talk about what is on my mind at the current time. I am hoping that this will be the perfect place to achieve both parts of my goal this year. It will give me an outlet to share my crafts and DIY projects (which is the “what I love” part of my goal), which will hopefully inspire me to do more of these projects, but at the same time it will give me a place to speak my mind which I am hoping will alleviate some of my worrying that I tend to do.

Picture: The Husband and I before our NYE party taken with my Polaroid 600

Since I’m already talking about goals, here are a few of my goals that I have set for myself this year:

1)      I know I’ve already told you what this goal is, but since it is an important one, I don’t mind repeating it: Do more of what makes me happy and less time worrying.

2)      Spend more time with those I love, and less time with those who don’t love me back.

3)      Do more travelling for fun.

4)      Take more pictures to remember all of it.
 
I know these are all very vague goals, but I’ve never been one to stick to concrete rules and resolutions for the new year. I could sit here and say that I’m going to lose 40 pounds, drink only water, and become a neat and organized person, but in all reality, I know that I wouldn’t keep a single one of those resolutions and I would slip right back into the same routine that I currently have. Instead, I’d rather set abstract goals that are fun, yet attainable. I am very excited for this year and I hope you will keep reading to follow me on my adventures to come.

Cheers to 2014, and let’s make it a great year!

xo - Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment